Friday, March 12, 2010

Stamp Club week


I have been crazy busy and having a blast this week with the March stamp clubs, I've had four so far this week and I'm getting together with a brand new group of ladies in Ignacio tonight, can't wait! This month we are playing with stencils, above is one of the projects we'll be doing. The great thing about stamp club is we can do projects that are a little more difficult and learn new techniques. This card is made by inking up a stencil and running it through the Big Shot, easy and really effective. We incorporated another couple of neat tricks into this card though - we hand dyed the white organza ribbon using a sponge dauber and the Cameo Coral ink, and we backed our modern label punch shape by punching it out of Night of Navy card stock, cutting it in half and gluing it behind the original shape. I love how it makes the greeting pop out.

You should see what wonderful snacks some of the club members bring when it's their turn to host! Jennifer is a new club member and she made these amazing snacks that were (almost) too pretty to eat! I'm so ready for Spring, I loved to see these little ladybugs. (I still find it hard to see them as ladybugs actually, in England we call the ladybirds but I guess "bug" is more accurate!)
Have a great day!
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment